Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Fun!

We worked SO hard on our program.  Then we worked SO hard for the ward Christmas program!  I decided that the kids needed a break!  So we had a day of singing fun!

I picked a few songs that I felt comfortable allowing the kids to be "silly" while singing: Snowman and Christmas Bells.

We used some fun cards created by Alison over at http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/.   Here is a link to the post Christmas Ways to Sing Cards, so you can print them off yourself.




I folded these up and put them in a Christmas Bucket.  Now for the fun!
In Junior Primary I picked a helper to draw out an action.  I would then demonstrate it. The helper got to stay up front with me while we all sang the song doing the action.  This was the repeated over and over with a new action each time.  The kids loved it!  They still are asking when we will do it again!

For Senior I changed it up a little bit.  I gave a different action to EACH CLASS.  As we sang, the class had to do THEIR action.  After each song we would pass the action clockwise.  Every class got a chance to do every action at least once.  This had to be one of the funnest things we have done all year!!

Aren't they cute? 

No comments:

Post a Comment